In the last night I had on the search of something difference from the ongoing discussing matter, but the physical view attract me to overlook it and I will to max it. It was the point on that all the posts were last updated on this date. Here this date means in which date I am on the midnight.
So it is point that how can it possible to update a lot of posts in the beginning of the day!
In this article I am going to put the effort on post meta tags “Last Updated on”.
There are it by default WordPress shows the original publish date on the posts or page. It does not point out the modifying date, how many times you have modified to it.
If you are updating the contents of your blogs as well as websites in regular basis, then may you intend to display the modify date rather than the publish date. So your visitors will get to know that when your blog posts were updated. It will look like this:
There is a easiest way to show your last updated date for WordPress post by installing a plugin Revised Meta Tag.
The “meta revised tag” is used to tell Search Engine Bots (Google, Yahoo!, Bing etc.) the Last Modified Date and Time of any Webpage in which you have made certain changes.
Web crawlers can then decide, whether there�s any need to save a new copy of the webpage OR update their indexes?
- Allows you to add revised date meta tag in your posts and pages either together or separately.
- Provides you with options to display the last modified / last updated date above or below your posts and pages. You can also choose from four different date formats and the position of the timestamp in WordPress Posts and Pages which can be either above or below.
- Allows you to customize the text which is to be displayed alongside the last modified date (i.e. “Last updated on:” in place of “Last modified:”)
Lets go on the process…
- Install the plugin Revised Meta Tag.
- Activate it.
- Go to settings > WP Last Modified.
- Check to activate the Show Last Updated Timestamp.
And customize the remaining options of your own interest.